At San Jacinto College, we understand the financial aid process can be daunting. That’s why we offer support at every step. Get the forms you need for state and federal aid and learn about the verification process. If you need help, don’t hesitate to reach out!


How Do I Submit FAFSA Documents?

It’s easy to submit your financial aid documents online. Whether you are submitting documents for your application, or for verification, just follow the steps below!

If you are selected for verification, your required documentation will be displayed in your SOS account.
  1. Log In to Your SOS Account

  2. Select the Financial Aid Tab

  3. Go to the Financial Aid Dashboard

  4. Select Unsatisfied Requirements

  5. Upload Documents

    Select the dropdown menu next to each requirement to complete a digital form or to upload documents.



Interested in applying for a loan? Please complete the federal direct loan request form.

Texas Financial Aid

Applying for state financial aid? Complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA). Then find the appropriate Texas Public Education Grant (TPEG) application below.

TASFA July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024

TASFA en Español - July 1, 2023 - June 30, 2024 

These forms are for TPEG applications only. All other students must complete the FAFSA online. 

TPEG Undocumented Fund Application

Submit the virtual application, then submit the TASFA application to the campus.

TPEG Dual Credit Fund Application

  • Check with the Dual Credit Office to see how your exemptions will be posted to your account.
  • Submit the virtual TPEG application and then submit the TASFA application to the campus.

TPEG International Student Fund Application

  • Meet with Julie LaCombe, Coordinator for International Student Services. Contact her at
  • Submit the virtual TPEG application then submit the TASFA application to the campus. 

TPEG Continuing and Professional Development Fund

  • Meet with Continuing and Professional Development about what courses are eligible for the CPD TPEG award. Contact Dedra White at 281-478-2786 or email her at
  • Submit the virtual TPEG application then submit the TASFA application to the campus. 

Unusual Circumstances and Your FAFSA

There is a lot of information required for your FAFSA application. We know there may be times when you are not able to provide it all, or when the information may need to be changed. Find out more about these special circumstances, then visit the Financial Aid Office to get help with your application.

You or your family may go through a change in income after you file your tax returns for the year you are applying for financial aid. That’s OK-we understand, and so does the Department of Education. The Financial Aid Office can help you adjust the original information to account for changes that happen after the tax return was filed.

Federal regulations say that parents and dependent students should share the cost of college. That is why both yours and your parents’ information is needed to apply for financial aid. However, there are some circumstances where you may not be able to provide your parents’ information. For example, if you are homeless. To leave your parents’ information off the application, you need to provide proof of these unusual circumstances. Our Financial Aid Office can help you navigate this process.

Financial Aid Verification

When you apply for financial aid, your file may be selected by the Department of Education for a process called verification. Don’t worry-this doesn’t mean you did anything wrong. Students are selected at random for verification. It just means we need some extra documentation to confirm the accuracy of your FAFSA application.

Check out the FAQ on the verification process, but remember, we are here to help! So please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

Am I Selected?

If you are selected for verification, you will either receive an email from the Financial Aid Office, or there will be a note on your Student Aid Report notifying you. Verification can happen even after you have received a financial aid offer. Be sure to check your SOS account to make sure you have the most up to date information.

I’m Selected, Now What?

If selected, our Financial Aid Office will need some documentation from you to verify your information. Check your SOS account to see what is required and submit the documents. Just follow the steps listed above.

What if I Don’t Submit Documentation?

Your financial aid will be on hold until we receive the required documentation. This means that if verification is requested early in the application process, then no financial aid offer will be made. If you are selected after an offer is made, your aid will be canceled until we receive the documentation.


Financial Aid Verification FAQ


During normal operating hours, you can find scanning stations on all three campuses. Use them to upload financial aid documents, verification documentation, and more. You can also use free apps on your cell phone to scan documents.

Central Campus
Interactive Learning Center (ILC), Building 1
Library, Building 21
Student Development Lab, Building 1

North Campus
ILC, Building 2
Library, Building 13
Student Development Lab, Building 6

South Campus
ILC, Building 12
Library, Building 10
Student Development Lab, Building 6

  • Do NOT submit original documents unless required.
  • Make copies of documents submitted.
  • Be sure to submit ALL required documentation as soon as possible. Not doing so will result in processing delays.
  • Know what email is listed on your FAFSA application. Check that email frequently for updates on your verification status.

Verification documentation will be required by:

  • You
  • Your spouse (if married)
  • Your parent(s) whose financial information appears on the FAFSA, or whose information should appear on the FAFSA (if you are a dependent student)

Once the Financial Aid Office completes the verification process, they will decide if you are eligible for aid or not. If you are eligible and meet all the other requirements, they will send you an aid offer. If you are not eligible, they will notify you.

Verification Worksheets: Verification worksheets collect information about the student’s household size, the number of household members in college, and income information for the non-filer.

Tax Return: If your parent(s) or spouse are required to file a US tax return, you will have to submit a signed copy of the return (Form 1040). This needs to be identical to the one submitted to the IRS, and include all supplemental forms and attachments. Form 8453 (e-file) is not a valid form of documentation.

Tax Transcript: If you, your spouse, and/or your parent(s) do not have a copy of the tax return, a free tax transcript may be obtained. To do this, submit Form 4506-T to the IRS, or order a transcript online

Data Retrieval Tool (DRT): A DRT can be used as an alternative for submitting a tax return. A DRT retrieves tax return data automatically from the IRS database and submits it directly to FAFSA. To use the DRT, log into your FAFSA account. Once the data is downloaded to your FAFSA, do not change it.

Non-Filer Statement: If you, your spouse, and/or your parent(s) did not file a US tax return, you are required to obtain a Non-Filer Statement from the IRS.

Amended Tax Returns: If you, your spouse, or your parent(s) has filed an amended federal income tax return, that person will need to provide:

  • A signed original federal tax return
  • A signed amended tax return
  • A copy of the updated tax account transcript indicating the change to the college. The tax account transcript must be obtained from the IRS.

W-2 or 1099 Forms: These forms are annual wage reports from employers

Asset Worksheets: If your household income is more than $50,000, you may be asked to complete an asset worksheet.
Proof of Child Support Paid: In certain situations, you, your spouse, and/or your parents may be required to provide proof of child support paid.


You can contact the Financial Aid Office at 281-998-6150 and email us at Or visit one of our campus offices. 

Building 27
Room C-27.1307
Fax: 281-478-2710

Building 6
Room N-6.150
Fax: 281-669-4385
Building 6
Room S-6.181
Fax: 281-669-4336

Connect with us